Now that all the Legal Documents are ready and I gave my second sample , we will just have to wait for the egg collection.
I just realized that I havent actually explained how the surrogacy works so I will try to do it as simple as I can in few steps:
1. Look for a clinic that will do the treatment.
2. Look for an egg donor ( there are clinics that have their own donor collections. The clinic sends a catalog from where you can choose an egg donor based on medical history and a picture of the donor with her basic information. The donor is completely anonymous)
3. In the case of male intending parents , you have to send the result of some test that the clinic asks ( sperm count , blood tests . etc)
4. The clinic analyses the samples and gives you a feedback about the results.
5. You pay the initial fees to the clinic.
6. You plan the dates for the egg collection.
7. You plan your trip.
8. After you arrive the semen samples are retrieved and the legal documents are signed.
9. I f you want you get to meet your surrogate ( she was chosen by you and with the help of Dr. Shivani. In order for the embryos to hold , the surrogate has to be in the right moment of the cycle).
10. Egg collection is performed ( donor).
11. Fertilization is performed .
12. you have to decide wether you want to freeze semen sample s, eggs or embryos for further attempt.
13. Embryos are transferred tt he surrogate mother.
14. Hopefully 14 days after you will receive an email telling you are pregnant!!!!
So , I completed the 13 steps and now the waiting time begins.
In my case , we accomplished 19 fertilized eggs.
Dr. Shivani and her team selects the strongest and the ones with best qualities and they transfer them to the surrogate.
I know for some people it might sound a bit methodic or cold , but there is apart in all this that one has to consider. Along the way , the love and desire to become a parent is so strong that overshadows the scientific part of it.
Nature made us men , we are unable to carry a child, but nature also gave us a heart and a brain in order to figure the way to become parents.
Now I see it as a way of evolving , a way of adapting to what life has to offer.
It was very hard to leave India since all the people I meet were so nice. The hardest part is to leave knowing that maybe my little angel is already growing in my surrogates womb, a totally different feeling than the one I had when I first arrived. It seems like a pice of my heart was left in Delhi.
The anxiety has changed , millions of thoughts go trough my head.
Now I am off to europe for vacations with Mom , my Sister , my Niece and Nephew. Lets hope for the best!!!